My bed it calls me to come lay,
telling me it can erase the pain and make everything go away.
My pillow seduces me to come lay my head down.
It calls me to come and "rest"
My comforter slides over me to hug me.
I fall asleep in its embrace, thinking that when I wake up it will all be new.
Waking up it is still there over me, in my head, in my heart
I wake up in tears, I wake up in thoughts, I wake up in darkness.
This bed lied to me it can't help me.
Pillow is wet of the tears that it could not erase,
It only soaked up the thoughts and sang them to me as I slept
The bed gave my body rest but harden my soul.
The comforter did nothing but make me sweat.
How do I forget that the real comforter is God?
He is the only who can give rest to the weary.
His wings and arms can embrace.
His chest where I can lay my head on.
His heart beat singing love over me as a lullaby.
lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub ..
my heart inside me beats
but each beat cause a little crack to get bigger and bigger.
Becoming to look more like a spider web that I am caught in.
As the enemy throws lies and darts at me.
I hold my heart in my tiny hand, scared, waiting for it to shatter
Trying to keep the pieces together
Thinking if I can just hold it tighter it will not fall but fuse back together
What am I to do it falls apart over me?
The scars and cuts I will get on my hands
The blood I will bleed.
Why haven't I put in God's hands?
His mighty hands that holds the world together
He that created my being
The creator of my heart.
He knows every beat
He sees every crack,
If it were to fall apart.
If it were to shatter
His hands would take the wounds
His hands would be covered in blood.
He already paid for this price on that cross.
The Creator knows where the pieces go,
He knows the pain in my heart.
He would know how to sculpt it back together
He would make it stronger and bigger
He is a potter who is ever so gentle.
I am so scared
I don't want it to shatter
I don't want to feel this pain anymore
I just want all of this to end.
I don't want to run away
I don't want to abandon
I don't want to hurt
I don't want to kill
I beg you Lord to come and take my heart
Take it from me.
As I stare into your eyes
As the chaos that is going on behind me
Keep speaking truth into me
Keep my eyes on you.
Remind me that You fight for me.
Remind me that You have overcame all of this
That this breaking heart is another chance to get know You.
To know who You are
That my new heart will be filled of Your blood
That this heart will be really the reason I live
Come Lord, I beg you to come save me again.
Come Lord, I need you.
I need those wings to embrace me
I need your heart beat of love to sing to me
I need your chest to give me rest
I need Your voice to tell me you got this.
No comments:
Post a Comment