So I was on the Dart train with a group of friends from school on Tuesday - we were headed back home from downtown.
I am the type of person who loves to watch people, their moves, their facial expressions, their body language and pray for them.
I was already sensitive because 1) I was tired 2) I encountered a lot of homeless in downtown 3)so many people in pain.
But their on the train this lady sat beside me and then put her hand on my shoulder and asked me if this train is going to downtown. I replied "No ma'am, this is headed north the opposite direction".
He started laughing but the type where you just want to cry from a long day.
I asked her if it was a long day and she nodded and I told her I am so sorry and I hope it goes well and gave her a pat on her shoulder- she got off the next stop to get on the other train.
Then this guy comes on and it seems to have all his clothes and shoes in 3 gym bags.
His face, he looked so sad, so broken, scared, alone, in a need of a hug.
That just tore me apart. I wanted to go to him, to hug him, to pray over him - but I couldn't get myself to do it. I am a coward.
Just from that whole day, all the people around me who's souls are screaming for a savior, a healer, a friend, a lover, for Jesus. And I can not get the courage to be the person to go and bring them Jesus!
My heart is for people but I just can't do it! I break inside because I can see it all over them!
The pain of just watching people walk around me who are zombies. Dead but breathing.
WHY CAN'T WE BE A GENERATION THAT JUST TELLS EVERYONE THE GOODNEWS?!
NO FEAR OF MEN!
BUT JUST A CONSUMING LOVE FOR MEN!
It is hard to be like that when I am surrounded by people who don't live a life of just wanting to pray and love on people - like those at my church- I use to do it when I was them.
Now being in this group- it had fled, I have been consumed of fear of men, their thoughts, their judgments, their reaction.
That shouldn't be important to me- Jesus is more important.
He told me to tell the goodness- I need to do just that.
I pray for boldness, for courage, for a consuming fire.
If I have to be - to be the first one to do it and to live it.
I want the world to see who Jesus is A SAVIOR.
No comments:
Post a Comment