I miss the stress that came with them.
I miss the chaos in that building.
I miss the hugs.
I miss their questions that bombarded me constantly.
I miss their hunger
I miss DCM (Deco's)
I miss the games.
I miss their accents.
I miss the lack of personal space
I miss them so much, I miss that city.
I cry for them.
Dublin, Ireland- a people forgotten is the best way I can describe it.
It is a place of beauty from above. As you are flying in you see a green that you never see here in the States.
As you walk the streets of Dublin their is beauty everywhere, the people are so sweet.
You feel the darkness though, you feel the chains that are on this nation.
So oppressed. So heavy. The chains so thick and heavy. Their streets so lonely (even with tons of people walking them). Walking zombies
The Identity of the nation consuming the people of Ireland.
Their history consuming their future.
Poverty taking over.
A people who have no hope, a people who have no freedom, a people with no true joy.
They are totally consumed by alcohol, their history - their religion (even their language), their false identity.
Alcohol consumes their streets like a rushing river (pub after pub line up by each other) that takes down everyone in their path filling them with false joy and lies. It destroys any structure that is trying to be placed.
Religion has killed these people, killed their country- separated them from the truth of why they were created and who they were created for.
A place where there are rarely any Christians and the few so hard to find.
A place where Atheist and agnostic is the majority of the people.
A country that is dying slowly, horribly and painfully... They need Jesus.
The rain that falls constantly (almost daily) is as if the Lord opens up the Heavens to water that nation. To grow the seeds that are planted in the few. To rain down His love, mercy and grace on them. To remind them of who He is.
To water a very dry and thirsty people.
The rainbows I kept seeing constantly after the pouring rain - showing His promise for them.
The safety of Ireland - no thunderstorms, no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no animals that can kill, no earthquakes.
Dublin Christian Mission
A beautiful place, such a beautiful place, an amazing place. A place of freedom.
Even in the chaos inside their doors God's voice is louder.
He is their speaking each person's name - beckoning each kid and parent to Him.
His voice is louder than the worldly things that try to consume each kid and parent.
His song over them is so loud it brings them back to DCM daily.
They hear His sweet voice that raps around them as a safe warm blanket.
In the chaos of their daily life He is there and louder.
This place- this home to many of those kids and even to the parents- is a place that WILL change Ireland.
The fire their is going to consume the alcohol and kill Religion.
It is a place of freedom, a place of identity, truth, hope and Joy,
DCM is place of love.
Two of the main people DeClan and Liesel do an amazing job with the mission. Their lives are dedicated to those kids, to those parents, to that city. I never seen two people so in love with Jesus who devote their whole lives to the people of that city.
In the Chaos they are the most patient and sweetest people you will ever meet. Their smile shines the light and warmth of God.
Their eyes looks past each person and sees what God sees in each one of them - even the volunteers that come to DCM.
Their hearts break for each person that steps into DCM.
They take every kid as their own- loving them and teaching them.
They see past what the eyes can see physically.
They see what God wants to make Dublin and the country of Ireland to become.
I never seen two people so dedicated. They let themselves be so stretched without one word of complaint.
I honor them and am so thankful for them. That the Lord called those two be the missionaries to change the city of Dublin.
I desire to be back there.
I really do miss it. I really miss those kids.
I desire to go back in December, in the summer and then two years from now going to grad school their and working with the kids of DCM. Making Ireland my home.
Something about that place- Dublin and DCM- beckons me back.
Being back does not feel like home. I know it is has been only a few days but still my heart is broken and sadden. I am homesick.
I really never missed a place and kids as much as I miss them.
I been crying to the Lord to reveal His will for me- His plan for my life.
I never wanted to come back.
I really miss that place called Home.
A band called Rend Collective Experiment, who are actually from Ireland, wrote a beautiful song that is a cry for Ireland. As I remember the streets of Ireland, the people I encountered, the kids and parents I spoke to this songs becomes even more and more meaningful.
Come set Your rule and reign
In our hearts again
Increase in us we pray
Unveil why we're made
Come set our hearts ablaze with hope
Like wildfire in our very souls
Holy Spirit come invade us now
We are Your Church
We need Your power
In us
We seek Your kingdom first
We hunger and we thirst
Refuse to waste our lives
For You're our joy and prize
To see the captive hearts released
The hurt; the sick; the poor at peace
We lay down our lives for Heaven's cause
We are Your church
We pray revive
This Earth
Build Your kingdom here
Let the darkness fear
Show Your mighty hand
Heal our streets and land
Set Your church on fire
Win this nation back
Change the atmosphere
Build Your kingdom here
We pray
Unleash Your kingdom's power
Reaching the near and far
No force of hell can stop
Your beauty changing hearts
You made us for much more than this
Awake the kingdom seed in us
Fill us with the strength and love of Christ
We are Your church
We are the hope
On Earth
I heard this song at church today and all I could think about was DCM and pray this over them.
With a bending of the knee
And a bowing of the heart
O Lord, we humble ourselves and pray,
"Don't pass us by."
We have gathered here
With reverence and fear
O Lord, we humble ourselves and say,
"This is our heart-cry."
Lord, we pray
That Your name will be glorified
In this town
Your renown will be magnified
Let this place
Be a house of deliverance
For Your name
O Lord, we pray
For Your power to be shown
And Your presence to be known
Holy Spirit, have Your way.
Have Your way...
Lord, we pray
That Your name will be glorified
In this town
Your renown will be magnified
Let this place
Be a house of deliverance
For Your name
O Lord, we pray
Beautiful, Mary. Thank you...this says so much...
ReplyDeleteMary, I love your heart for the Irish people and the city of Dublin. It's so cool to see how God has called you to this place just in the short time we were there. I'm praying that you get the chance to go back and continue to work with the DCM. Love you girl!
ReplyDelete